||Day breaks at Kadic and our heroes are near the drink machine, talking about the upcoming science test… Ulrich studies while Odd prepares his cheat sheet… Sissi arrives and brags about how her father has given permission for them to use the gym for a dance that night…
William and Odd break a mixing board and Jeremy’s too busy to fix it, so Aelita repairs it and discovers her DJ talents… But Jeremy is visibly jealous of her new passion because Aelita announces that she’s going to the dance instead of working on the antivirus with him.
The exam takes place in the afternoon and while Jim is collecting the papers, XANA takes control of him with black smoke just as a tower activates in the Desert Sector.
That evening, the four heroes go to the dance, except for Jeremy who stays in his room to work on his computer. The Superscan alerts him to the activated tower but Jim bursts in and ties the boy up, stopping him from warning his friends.
The night continues and it’s Aelita’s turn to do a mix in front of the entire school. Time is running short for Jeremy, who manages to call Kiwi and send him after his master… When seeing the dog Yumi, Odd and Ulrich find their friend and free him. But it’s too late; Jim, under XANA’s control, has already shocked the young pinkette and pretended to take her to the infirmary, heading to the factory instead.
Our heroes set off in pursuit of Aelita’s abductor but he has enough time to send Aelita to the Desert Sector, where she's guarded by a Megatank that sticks to her like glue.
The teacher heads back up in the lift then clones himself to fight the kids. He dominates them before being knocked out. Jeremy sends the Lyoko Warriors to the Desert. Yumi rushes to Aelita’s aid while Odd and Ulrich fight Hornets. The match between Yumi and the Megatank ends in a draw, leaving the Scyphozoa free to steal Aelita’s memory.
The combat between the flying monsters is tight and the situation worsens when Jim, woken up, throws Jeremy away from the console and devirtualises Odd.
Ulrich finds himself alone against the remaining Hornets; he manages to kill them before rushing to where Aelita and the Scyphozoa are.
On Earth, Jim attacks Jeremy and neither the arrival of Yumi nor Odd can stop him. They allow Jeremy to get back to the console and the virtual samurai facing the Scyphozoa.
Aelita deactivates the tower at the moment when Jim is about to finish Jeremy off. The teacher wakes up amazed and asks what he’s doing there, just before Jeremy remarks that he’ll never know and launches the return to the past.
Upon returning to that morning, Jeremy promises Aelita he’ll support her in her love for music…
About the characters
- First time Odd rides the Overbike.
- Second fight between Jeremy and Aelita.
- Aelita is gifted in repairing things and has a passion for mixing music, which makes Jeremy jealous.
- Odd often cheats in exams, otherwise he makes origami. He mentions that his family is full of artists.
- Sissi doesn’t revise before exams, in which she draws instead of answering questions.
- Jim is nicknamed GI Jim by the students, he collects Odd’s origami, prefers the twist to techno, goes to the factory for the fourth time and loses any memory of it in a return to the past.
- The principal’s eyebrows are grey when he gets upset at his daughter.
- During the exam, we see Ninon Costes of year 6, and Tristan Brossard and Emilio Rodriguez of year 7.
- The factory microphone cord disappears at the moment when Jeremy asks Aelita to deactivate the tower quickly.
- At the moment when Jeremy and Yumi arrive at the lab, the door of the lift is open when this shouldn’t be the case.
- When William asks if Aelita will take much longer to fix the mixing board, the sleeves of his undershirt are black instead of red.
- Jeremy’s computer’s keyboard is blue when Aelita calls him “Stubborn as a fool” and it disappears when he tells his friends Jim is possessed by XANA.
About the series
- French title: Mix final
- First time Jim is XANAfied.
- The co-ordinates of the activated tower are 25° east!
- Ms Hertz’ glasses aren’t the same as usual.
- Everyone under XANA’s control can use the virtualisation and materialisation programs.
- The music we hear when Sissi dances with Ulrich to make Yumi jealous is the same as the music she listened to in her room in episode 1, “Teddygozilla”.
- XANA-Jim devirtualises Odd like XANA-Jeremy does to Yumi in episode 31, “Mister Puck”.
- Milly: “As a DJ, how would you define your style? Hardcore, Deep-House or downright New Beat?”
Hardcore, Deep-House and New Beat are styles of music, typically specifically electronic music.
- Odd folds a crane out of his test paper. Paper cranes – also known as origami cranes or orizuru – is considered one of the most classic origami designs. Interestingly, one of its uses is as a mathematical model. Origami is the Japanese art of paper folding started in the 17th century which has now evolved into a modern art form. The idea is to transform a flat sheet of paper into a sculpture through folding and sculpting. Cutting, tearing and gluing makes it into something else called kirigami.
||Ulrich: Hm…I can’t remember the equation…square root of a quotient equals…uh…
Odd: Uh, zero? Uh, no…ten? No, wait…I give up! Hey, wait, where are you going?
Ulrich: To study for the science final! It’s tomorrow, and I can’t exactly count on you to help me!
Odd: You must be kidding! We’ll miss the afternoon snack! And don’t get all worked up about that exam, I’ve got a little something in mind!
Ulrich: Hmph! This little something, does it start with “cheat” and end in “sheet,” by any chance?
Odd: Wow, you just read my mind!
Ulrich: Oh, forget about your dumb plan.
Odd: Gee, thanks a lot Ulrich for being so supportive!
Odd: Don’t tell me, the members of the band Love Potion split up?
Sissi: Come on, that’s old news, you dork! Brian fell in love with Crystal Pearl and so Geoffrey kicked them out!
Sissi: My father said it was ok to use the gymnasium!
Odd: He said yes?! Yes!!
Odd: So it’s really true, huh? The principal gave the techno party the green light?
William: Looks like it, yeah…
Odd: Hey, no problem! We’ll ask Jeremy, he’s Mister Fix-it! He can fix anything!
William: You think so?
William: Wow! I’ve never managed to get that kind of mix!
William: Aelita, you really mix like a pro! Where’d you learn?
Odd: Uh, it runs in the family! We’re all artists, we’re creative!
Jeremy: You’re wasting your time with this party!
Aelita: I am not wasting my time! I’m trying to live, like you guys! And have some fun, a good time, that’s human too, isn’t it?
Jeremy: You mean you don’t have a good time researching the antivirus with me?
Aelita: Hmph! You’re as stubborn as a fool! (slams door)
Jeremy: It’s stubborn as a mule!
Ulrich: Odd, you didn’t study at all?!
Odd: Nope! But like I told Jeremy, it’s in the bag! Huh? What’s going on? Can’t we go in?
Sissi: Inspection by GI Jim!
(Jim throws a student’s bag into a pile in the corridor)
Jim: One pen, that’s all you can take in!
Odd: Ouch! That’s an unexpected development!
Jim (looking at the origami crane): Well done, Odd! That’s one of your best yet!
Jim: I hope she’ll let me keep Odd’s paper swan for my collection!
Odd: Sure, never felt better!
Yumi: I was talking about your exam, stupid!
Odd: Hey, we’re gonna see Aelita the DJ! That’s bound to cheer us up! Where is she, by the way?
Ulrich: She’s already in the gym. The DJs get VIP treatment!
Yumi: What about Jeremy?
Odd: He’s sulking!
Jeremy: XANA! He sure picks his moments!
Milly: Aelita? A question for the school paper! As a DJ, how would you define your style? Hardcore, Deep-House or downright New Beat?
Aelita (completely baffled): Um…
William: She’s a little too nervous to answer. I’d say her style is more hardcore, but it’s more a style of her own!
Tamiya: Totally rad!
Nicolas: You snuck out?
Sissi: No, no, my father said “you’re gonna repeat the year, but it’s no big deal, sweetie, it doesn’t mean you can’t have a good time!”
Nicolas: Is that what he said?!
Sissi: Oh, you’re such an idiot! Of course I snuck out, what do you think?!
Christophe (on the microphone): And now, Aelita! A brand-new DJ! And as you’re gonna see, she totally rips!
William (yelling in Odd’s ear): Your cousin’s incredible, Odd!
Jeremy: KIWI! C’mere boy! Come on! Good boy! KIIIIIWIIIIIII!!! HEEEEEEEEEELP!!! Come here you mangy mongrel! Oh, oh! Nice doggy! Go on, chew through the rope! (Kiwi licks his face and leaves) Kiwi, no! Come back! Pffff…that mutt is as brainless as his owner!
Jeremy: Huh? Kiwi! This is no time for games! You have to get Odd and the others from the gymnasium, you hear? Now go get Odd! Yeah, that’s a good dog! Run! Oh, with my luck he’ll come back with the principal!
Odd: What’s up? Not dancing?
William: Uh…it’s not my thing…
Odd: Oh, you gotta be kidding me. Come on, let me see how you move! … (sees William dance) Oh…you’re right…it’s not your thing…
Kiwi: Raff! Raff! Raff!
Odd: Nice dog sounds! Where did Aelita sample that from? Hey, what are you doing here, buddy? Jim’ll spot you! Ok, ok, ok, hold on. I’m coming!
Yumi: Hey! (Odd bumps into her) Where are you going?
Odd (pointing to Kiwi): Ask him!
Yumi: I’ll go with you! I could use some fresh air!
Ulrich: Uh…oh, I forgot! I have something important to do!
Ulrich: I have to uh…polish my flip-flops! Bye!
Yumi: What happened?
Jeremy: It was Jim! XANA’s possessed him! Where’s Aelita?
Ulrich: Are you sure that Jim can virtualise Aelita and send her to Lyoko?
Jeremy: Under XANA’s control, he can do anything!
XANA-Jim: At your orders, XANA! Transfer Aelita, virtualisation!
Ulrich: Jeremy, Yumi, take the corridor! Odd and I will take care of Jim!
Odd: If you ask me it’s more likely he’s gonna take care of us!
(XANA-Jim separates into two)
Odd: And he’s brought a friend along with him too! Go! Banzaiiiii!
Odd: This is bad…!
Ulrich: You think so?!
Jeremy: Aelita, are you ok?
Aelita: Let’s say I’ve been better…
Odd: This is no time to take a nap! We’ve got an invincible guy to wipe out!
Ulrich: What are you suggesting?
Odd: The harpoon thing! Like the way we handled the Kankrelats!
Odd: Hey Jim! You didn’t think a little tap like that would know me out, did you?
Yumi: Have you programmed the vehicles!
Jeremy: Of course! I think of everything. So does XANA I guess, from the looks of it. You’ve got company!
Odd: Laser arrow! …rats, I missed!
Odd: Surpriiiiise! Whoa! (is shot off Overboard)
Yumi: Not so fast, blubberface!
Jeremy: Hey! What the- Jim! Ah…
XANA-Jim: Sorry, I’m taking over from here!
Ulrich: Hold on right!
Ulrich: Not bad, huh?
Odd: Uh, hey!
Jim: Huh? W-what am I doing here?
Jeremy: You’ll never know, Jim. Return to the past now!
Odd: Ok, so that’s a promise, right? Jeremy, you’re gonna help me with physics, and Aelita, you’re gonna help me with chemistry. And you’re gonna help me until I get it, right?
Aelita and Jeremy: Promise!
Sissi: Wow, I am really knocked out! Bet you can’t guess why!
Odd: Your father said ok for the gymnasium?
Sissi: Huh? How did you know that?
Odd: Well, I’ve already lived through this day and I just travelled back through time!
Sissi: You’re a real looney! I feel sorry for you!
Odd: By the way, you want to come and study with us? Jeremy and Aelita are gonna give us a hand!
Sissi: Study? Me? Ha! Looks like you lost the only brain cell you had left!
Odd: If she only knew what was coming!
Aelita: Will you come listen to me mix, Jeremy?
Jeremy: I promise!